Re: Re[2]: [Epic] [E40K] Imperial fliers

From: Elias Tiliakos <elite_at_...>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 97 15:12:08 EST

At 12:11 PM 4/24/97 -0700, you wrote:

>> THawks ARE Marine Flyers on the Marine reference sheet, ergo if a
>> flight of THawks is taken there is NO drop in Strategy rating. (Unless
>> of course you take Titan Legion or Imperial Guard allies.) That'll be
>> why nobody has brought it up ;)
>>
>It explicitly states in the armies book that you do have an initiative
>drop if you take T-hawks.
>Steve

Where? Could you quote a page number, please? I don't see anything
in the description of T-Hawks... Are you refering to the "Strategy
Rating" blurb before the detachment descriptions? If so, notice that
the T-hawks are not included in the "Imperial Navy" per se, and that
they do not appear in the "Imperial Navy" section of the troop
descriptions. Also, T-Hawks cannot be used to transport regular Guard
squads, only Space Marines can be transported. This, I think, is the
fact that most specifically points to the T-Hawk not being a generic
"Imperial" aircraft. I think T-Hawks were included in the "Imperial
Air Detachment" section of the army lists simply because they didn't
want to format another box for T-hawks alone. Thus, T-Hawks should
not cause the Space Marines a drop in Strategy Rating.

Elias