Re: [Epic] Thunder Chunks

From: Erik Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 10:16:16 -0400

Andy:

> Intriguing: Why debate? Let's get Jerv. to adjudicate. Whatever
> happenbed to <ahem> 'lively debate'?

What I was trying to express was that I am not a rules lawyer, but instead
firmly entrenched in the 'spirit' of the rules. Frankly, I always assumed
the Thunderhawk was Marines only because of what I'd read. When Steve
raised his point, I decided to expend the energy to delve in and settle it
once and for all.

At that point, after quoting half the Armies book, it seemed so clear to me
that I really wondered why there had been a debate at all. I hoped that
the debate would end with the information I posted, but I expected not, so
I put my vote in to get an answer from someone everyone would believe.

I play against some people who will argue the style of punctuation in a
rules sentence, if they think it is to their benefit. <sigh> Call me a
pessimist... but I thought that even with the evidence, there would be no
agreement reached without a Q&A.

Regards,

- Erik