Re: [Epic] 40K/IG infantry Detachments

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 16:51:24 -0400

A. Allen McCarley wrote:

> (By looking at the detatchment charts, I got the impression that the Marine
> had to choose a captain or librarian as a commander, and add 25 to whichever
> of the two they wanted.)

        Many detachments in the armies book have a choice
between buying a standard HQ or paying +25 pts to make one
of the guys in the detachment the HQ. See, frex, the Eldar
infantry detachments.

        The marine/chaos marines are set up funny. It looks
like they wanted to give you the choice of using the captain
or the librarian as the HQ as well as allowing you to take
neither and upgrading some shmoes to be the HQ instead. Or
to take the captain as the HQ and still include the librarian,
but without paying through the nose.

        Harlies get screwed since they have a similar setup
(without the option to upgrade random joes), but the +25 has
already been factored into the cost of the Great Harli &
Shadow Seer units. Meaning it's stupid to include them both
in the same detachment.

Scott
shupes_at_...