RE: [Epic] 40K/IG infantry Detachments

From: John Erickson <erickson_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 17:00:05 -0500

<snip>
>Remember they take hits worse, but fire the same. I'd rather have 6 IG
>stands and a command stand (74pts) fireing in overwatch from ruins than 4
>SM stands and a captain stand (85pts) fireing from those same ruins.

> Ed "Overload" Davis
> mediii_at_...
> med4386_at_...

Why? The marines would double their fire on overwatch giving them 10 firepower
compared to the IG with 7 firepower. Add in the fact that marines armor goes to
6 when they are in buildings while the guard goes to 4 (I think). The guard will die
three times as fast as the marines. I want to build an IG army but I can't see a use
for their infantry and it just doesn't seem right taking IG tanks but marine infantry.
Even then I would rather pay the 3 extra points to take land raiders over leman russes.
I do like their artillery though....
John