Re: [Epic] 40K/IG infantry Detachments

From: A. Allen McCarley <allen_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 15:10:00 -0500

> >Imperial Guard
> > Command Section:
> > 2 Imperial Guard units 64 Points
> > Main Force
> > 6 Guard Heavy units 84 Points
> >
> > TOTAL
> >

> >Space Marines
> > Command Section:
> > 1 HQ unit +25 Points
> > Main Force
> > 1 SM Tactical Squad 30 Points
> > 3 SM Devestator Squads 120 Points
> >
> > TOTAL 175 Points
>
> #1 - The Marines outnumber IG in these two detachments by 9 stands to 8.

Not quite. Check the stats again. The marines have not purchased
a commander, they have paid 25 points to make the tac stand the
commander. I'm not positive this is legal, but both detatchments
thus have the same number of stands and the marines are more expensive
by 27 points.

(By looking at the detatchment charts, I got the impression that the Marine
had to choose a captain or librarian as a commander, and add 25 to whichever
of the two they wanted.)

Allen (The Q&A guy)
Check out the EPIC and EPIC 40K Q&A Pages at:
     http://work1.utsi.edu:8000/~amccarle/default.html
If you have questions about EPIC 40K and can't find the answers
in the rule books, send them to:
                    allen_at_...
They will be passed on to Jervis Johnson and Andy Chambers.