Re: [Epic] [E40k] Knights IV

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 17:23:24 -0400

Mark A Shieh wrote:

> I thought that this was decided on so they could deal with
> rough terrain better, or I guess I haven't been paying attention to
> this part. Does being a walker grant any movement bonuses over rough
> terrain? I don't have time to look it up, I have to run off and catch
> a plane soon.

        I thought it was walkers that they suggested
should have it easier than vehicles for movement. I
could definitely be wrong tho.

> <rant>
> So why is it that nothing can stand up to equivalent points
> values of Land Raiders, no matter which GW game we're playing?

        Actually I thought LRs weren't that great in the
last edition (hitting on 5+ == sucks). They certainly
seem nasty in this one, though.

> > What about using Death Rays on the heavy knights;
> > the Crusaders did have volcano cannons. Or is that too
> > powerful?
>
> The Battles book says that the Quake Cannon is a Mega-Cannon
> in the new rules. Aaron suggested that maybe this was because it
> dropped buildings nicely before. So, I made it a Mega-Cannon in my
> first draft, and Paul did as well.

        Oh, right. I forgot they actually had quakes,
not volcanos.

Scott
shupes_at_...