Re: [Epic] Re: [E40k] Questions

From: James Flowers <jflowers_at_...>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 1997 09:26:59 +1200

Hi All!

Richard Dewsbery wrote:
> Another one that came up in my game on thursday was a similar situation
> but involving mega-cannon rather than Pulsars.

> Question - how many blast markers are placed when a mega cannon is
> fired? Rules state (p34) "each mega cannon attack places one BM on the
> target detachment in addition to any other blast markers that would
> normally be placed." But what does this _really_ mean?

> Example - a Warlord is armed with 4 mega cannon. It is shooting at a
> detachment of 12 ork Boyz. It can fit 3 stands under a barrage
template,
> and can do this 4 separate times, each time hitting a different group
of
> 3. It shoots all 4 mega cannon at the orks. The first 2 attacks kill1
> ork apiece, the second two kill two. Does it place:
> 1) 2 BMs - 1 because there are 4 SHWs firing, plus 1 addtional marker
> for a mega cannon attack;
> 2) 5 BMs - 1 because there are 4 SHWs firing, plus 1 addtional marker
> for each mega cannon firing to a total of 4;
> 3) 7 BMs - 1 because there are 4 SHWs firing, plus 1 addtional marker
> for each hit on the orks (with a total of 6 hits);
> 4) 13 BMs - 1 because there are 4 SHWs firing, plus 1 addtional marker
> for each attack die rolled (and each megacannon rolled to hit 3 targets
> for a total of 12 rolls);
> 5) something else?

2). 4 SHWs = 1 Blast Marker from SHWs firing. Plus 1 for each Mega-Cannon
= 5 Blast Markers total.

Interestingly enough you could spit out 8 BMs from 4 Mega-Cannons if you
targeted 4 Detachments, one with each Mega-Cannon, and assuming you
achieved a hit on each detachment.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards, JAMES FLOWERS