Re: [Epic] [E40k] Tyranid Bio-Titan Regeneration

From: James Flowers <jflowers_at_...>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 1997 15:11:36 +1200

Hi All!

Paul Tobia wrote:
> I beleive that the only units that deserve regeneration would be the
> Bio-Titans. Giving regeneration to narmal units would make things
messy,
> why not just give them a Save?

> My reccommendation for Bio-Titan regen is get back DC on a 4+ in the
Rally
> phase. Count for Morale loss only once and after the titan regens.
And
> finally whenever the titan goes to 0DC _immediately_ roll on the
> catastrophic table, no coming back from the dead.

Sounds good to me Paul! I was toying with a Regeneration special ability
for use with those troop types that had it in Epic 2nd Edition, but it
really doesn't fit into the (more) abstract nature of E40K.

So, add Regeneration as a special ability for Bio-Titans, as follows:

"Tyranid Bio-Titans regenerate lost Damage Capacity during the Repair
step of the Rally Phase on a 4+, rolled separately for each point lost,
including those lost in previous turns. Calculate Morale loss as normal
at the point the Bio-Titan falls to half DC or less as normal. This is
not regained should the Bio-Titan regenerate back above half DC in
subsequent turns. Roll for Catastrophic damage immediately as normal when
the Bio-Titan reaches zero (0) Damage Capacity. Regeneration cannot save
the Bio-Titan from such extreme results!"

Kind regards, JAMES FLOWERS