Re: [Epic] 40K/IG infantry Detachments

From: Jeff Schmidt <jschmidt_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 15:57:03 -0500

>Flyers can also be snap fired, but I am not totally sure it halts their
>movement. The rules don't say they keep going, but the example on the
>very last page of the rules seems to imply (to me, anyway) that they keep
>moving normally. This would make more sense than forcing a thunderhawk
>to stop moving because an assault stand snap fired it, but it may be a
>play-balance rule rather than a realism rule. Forcing the flyer to stop
>would also have the odd effect (IMO) of making infantry screens a more
>effective air defence than an equivalent points worth of Flak units.

See p.46 "Ground Attack", E40k Rule Book:
"2. Flyers have an unlimited move, but can only travel straight ahead.
Enemy units can snap-fire at them as they move. However, unlike other
units, flyers don't have to halt when snap-fired at."

Still makes large infantry screens better than flak in many cases...

Jeff Schmidt | NetCo Communications Corporation
software engineer, Mac development | 333 N. Washington Ave. Ste. 102
(612) 519-0878 | Minneapolis MN 55401, USA