RE: [Epic] [E40k] Firefights and Line of Sight

From: Farley, James <JFarley_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 14:43:50 -0700

>>It is possible (nay, easy) to think up silly situations no matter which
>>way the rules are interpreted, but I'm always wary of applying "common
>>sense, the designers _must_ have meant X" when the designers could easly
>>have meant Y. Remeber, the exception to LOS for snap-fire is
>>specifically printeed inthe rule books - there is no such printed
>>exception for firefights. So _I_ must be right.
>>
>>ALthough I might just as easily be wrong. There are two, equally valid
>>points of view here (no pun intended). I just prefer mine (now there's
>>a surprise).
>>
>>Richard

The GW guys always say not to read more into the rules than are there,
and (unless you can find something that states otherwise) there is no
place in the rules that say units that are firefighting need LOS. The
method for computing the firefight results just says to count up the
fire power factors for all units within 15cm. It does not seem to
restrict it to units that have LOS.

Is there someplace that specifically says LOS is needed for firefights?
If not, then I would say it is not needed.