Re: [Epic] [E40k] Thoughts & Questions

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 20:01:09 -0500

At 06:54 PM 4/28/97 -0400, you wrote:

>5) I've heard it said more than once that the new rules are simpler
>than the SM/TL rules. Bullshit. The new rules are far more
>complicated.

I dont' think the new rules are more complicated. They are just vaguely
written (like all GW products) and all the little piddly details haven't
been hashed out yet.

>6) I've also heard that games go quicker with the new rules than
>before. Also bull. Turns don't neccessarily take as long, but the
>games last for more turns. And picking an army takes CONSIDERABLY
>longer (especially when you have 2 players and only 1 army book =).

I don't know. The first time we played, we played 2 1200 point games in a
single night, and had to pick new armies between the two. I can also see
the game going MUCH faster once everyone learns the rules to the point you
don't have to look everything up.

Temp