Re: [Epic] [E40k] Thoughts & Questions

From: Thomas Bloom <tbloom_at_...>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 11:58:52 -0500

>Mark A Shieh wrote:
>>
>> Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...> writes:
> On a related note, anyone want to tell me why the Questor
>is cheaper than the Subjugator? The Ques has more FP, the Sub
>has a pitiful CC weapon that doubles it's pitiful AV against other
>War Engines, but gives no short-ranged FP like normal CC weapons.
>I don't think the Subjugator is even remotely useful now.

You can take the psy cannon off and it makes for a really niffty looking
death ray on a reaver. You can mount the arms on a reaver too, but you
need to be carful that you don't block off your other weapons. Thats about
the best use for a Subjugator now, or just lie and call it a Questor and
move on.

>> > 3) While I'm on the topic of daemons, where the HELL are the Beasts
>> > of Nurgle? When I was going through the unit summary I figured "oh,
>> > they must just be normal daemons," but then I get to the army list
>> > and *surprise* there's no point values for them. What's the reason
>> > behind this one?!?
>>
>> I thought Beasts of Nurgle had the basic stat line... But
>> yeah, there's no option for fielding them... Hmm... Seems like
>> the basic Demon stat line costs 10 points.
>
> 10? I was thinking it might be 5, since the psyker daemons
>are 15 pts, and psyker is usually +10.

10 pts is what a genestealer costs, the deamon has save but the 'stealer
has +2 assualt value. Seems about evan.

       "...'cause when its time to collect its only heros who pay..."
                               Hero, Ministry
                                   Thomas