RE: [Epic] 40K/IG infantry Detachments

From: Thomas Bloom <tbloom_at_...>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 12:06:57 -0500

>They can't move past an enemy detachment in the assault phase. They have
>to move
>towards the enemy, not necessarily the nearest enemy, but they cannot move
>past one
>enemy unit to get to another.
>
>Anyone else see anything a little wrong with this? I can sort of
>understand the logic, but it seems a little 'gamey' to me. Half the fun of
>having highly mobile troops is to strike where the enemy least expects it,
>to mount sort of lightning raids behind lines. One of the things that
>really gets me about the snap-fire rules is that it stops thing from
>moving. I wish there was some rule for speeding past the enemy, like if
>your base speed was 10cm or more than the snap-firers you did not have to
>stop or something. This would represent troops and tanks driving through
>thin spots in the enemy lines to attack vital targets. obviously moving
>through a mass of troops would not be a good idea, but that one tac stand
>wouldn't stop a tank company from going past him.
> Just a though.
> -James

Just go around. It takes longer, but you could still do it. Being fast
doesn't make you bullet proof. The snapfire rules are one of the best
parts of the game. You can now make fronts and such. As for one tac stand
stoping a tank Company, no game is perfect and you will always be able to
come up with "broken" situations. 'course the tac stand will die horribly
in the FF phase.

       "...'cause when its time to collect its only heros who pay..."
                               Hero, Ministry
                                   Thomas