Re: [Epic] [E40K] Why Bug Titans are lacking...

From: Erik Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 08:02:11 -0400

> Boy, this sure makes me want to grab a Tyranid WE for my next battle.
But
> if I do it will be a Dom before any of the Heiro's.

Seems to me there are a couple of assumptions you haven't taken into
account:

1. There will be other Tyranids than the Hiero's trying to put blast
markers and hits on your Titans, so that your SHW-heavy ones will have a
tough time firing.

2. The Hiero will be hiding from your Titan until it gets close enough to
charge it, through difficult terrain, regardless of blast markers.

It's not as bad as your '90 cm apart on an empty plain with no one else'
model makes it seem. If we applied that to everything there would be no
reason to take tactical squads, close support, etc, because they would
always be shot up before reaching combat.

Regards, (and all of that is IMHO!)

- Erik