Re: [Epic] Objectives, Assault and Subjects

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 10:51:36 -0400

Andy Meechan wrote:

> * Objectives *
>
> The Rescue gets placed 90cm from your baseline (*and* in cover), the
> T&H is in the opponents half.

        Mmmm... I'm pretty sure the Battles Book says that
(unless the scenario states otherwise) ALL objectives are
placed at least 90cm from your baseline. But I don't have
the books with me so I can't check on that. Maybe you're
right.

> * Assault *
>
> Wow, a +2 to my roll. Doesn't mean much when he's got
> 3 or 4 times your assault value.
>
> He gets +4 and you get +2 - makes a big difference to me! If he rolls
> low you could win because of the +2 (remember to use those Fate card
> rerolls; they can make all the difference).

        Well, that's not counting supporting fire, number of
psykers, etc. The one 500 pt game where I got mauled, a large
swarm attacked my marines and had enough stands moving fast
enough to CC everything in my det, except for 1 Silver Tower.
The Tower got taken down by a psychic blast before we rolled
for the combat, so I got no bonuses for supporting fire. Mostly
my fault I know, for taking small detachments (well, small
relative to his).

        In general, if you've got an assault det. with a
good move and at least the same number of stands as the det.
you're attacking, you can easily shut down the defender's
supporting fire. Large, fast moving assault dets is what
the bugs are all about.

Scott
shupes_at_...