Re: [Epic] Multiple Mailing Lists

From: richard milton baird <rmbaird_at_...>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 21:07:17 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 30 Apr 1997, Brett Hollindale wrote:

> Aw... It's not so bad for us dyed in the woll 2nd edition players...
>
> I kinda like skimming the forty-odd messages per day from disgruntled EPIC97
> players.
>
> I definitely had to laugh when Andy Chambers admitted that they were
> preparing the rerelease (EPIC98?)...
>
> I wasn't around when 2nd edition became available (was there an internet
> then? :-) but I imagine the messages were similiar.
>
> If it turns out that you don't need LOS to give fire support with direct
> fire weapons (in EPIC97 of course!) I won't be at all surprised...
>
> Does anyone who has read the rules actually like the game?
>
> Agro
>
> (Gotta love that 2nd Edition...)

Well, I started with space marine 2nd edition only about a year before
they pulled it, so I'm not a hard core old school epic player, but when I
started playing epic (SPace Marine 2nd ed.), I loved it. The longer I
played it, the more I liked it. When I heard that they were pulling it
in preparation, I threw a fit (not that anyone cared, but it did make me
feel better). The more rumors that I heard about epic40K, the angrier I
got. I thought, they are pulling my favorite game and it gives every
indication that they're going to ruin it. When E40K came out, I went to
a demo at my local store and well... I liked it. I bought the box (I'm
ditching the figs on some people I know because I play bugs and have
decided to stick with them exclusively) and love the ruins. With all of
the new interest in epic caused by the new version, I've been able to
play at the store against people outside of my usually very restricted
group. As far as the rules go, I love Epic40K! I hate to say it, but I
have decided that I like it better than I like Space Marine 2nd edition.
I might be in the minority, but me and a certain marine player recently
given over to chaos both think that E 40K plays like we always thought
epic should. I'm not sure how to better describe it, but I just like it
alot better. Oh well, to each his own.
Later,
Rich