Re: [Epic] 2nd ed. - Cannons of Khorne

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 01 May 1997 20:53:19 -0500

At 10:21 PM 4/30/97 +0000, you wrote:

>Cannons of Khorne are still the best artillery available to chaos without
>taking IG allies (a practice I consider cheesy).

I think the doom mortars are better, although they are fire magnets, much in
the same vein as silver towers. Of course they are harder to break, and
don't give up the VPs of the towers. Also, if you can actually survive the
first turn, chaos virtually always has more VP, so they become much tougher
and more effective. Usually, I only have one or two left at that point, but
they can still lay down some good firepower.

>For all of their (alleged?) ineffectiveness, COK scare the hell out of
>people and with their unlimited range, they are not very vulnerable to
>return fire...

They don't need to. They break themselves. But I can't deny that the
psychological advantage is significant, even on a table top game.

>In my experience you need at least nine (3 detachments) to make them
>effective, but I am rarely disappointed...

Maybe the massed technique will make it worth it. I've never fielded them
in that quantity.

Temp