Re: [Epic] 40K/IG infantry Detachments

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 01 May 1997 11:21:14 -0400

John Erickson wrote:

> David wrote:
> >I've got the rules on hand, so....
> >
> >From page 107 in the battles book (the figure is a crude reproduction)
> >
> >MOVING *PAST* IN THE ASSAULT PHASE. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? >Simply put,
> >it means you can't deliberately move further away from the closest enemy
> >when you make an Assault move.
>
> Ok , clear concise, I understand. I am blushing cause I forgot the closest part.
>
> >However, you don't have to move towards
> >the nearest enemy detachment...
>
> Again, don't have to move towards the nearest enemy, I understand.
> Now we take two totally understandable sentences, string them together and we
> get ........mud. What the heck does it mean that I can't move away from the
> nearest enemy but I don't have to move towards the nearest enemy?

        It bascially means that you can't move past
unengaged enemies in the assault phase. OK, forget
about charging into CC for a moment - just imagine a
det. on assault orders that is not within actual
charge range of any enemy dets, and all enemy dets on
the board are ahead of it (none to the side or rear).
It can move towards ANY enemy det, not neccessarily
the closest one. In fact, the assaulting det is
moving towards all the enemy dets, but the direction
it's moving in is NOT determined by the closest
enemy.

        Hmmmm... hope that wasn't TOO confusing.

Scott
shupes_at_...