Re: [Epic] Q&A #1 (And I'm back)

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 15:22:27 -0400 (EDT)

"A. Allen McCarley" <allen_at_...> writes:
> > >3) List members are still having trouble figuring out how to buy
> > >commanders for their armies. For each of the forces below, please
> > >indicate whether any and or all of the options are legal to purchase
> > >as the detatchment's original commander.
> >
> > > Eldar Detatchments
> > > a)Any unit at +25 points
> > > b)Farseer at 50 points
> > > c)Farseer at 50+25=75 points
> >
> > P: a) - the Farseer should cost 75 points

        I'd like to get Jervis to look at the Army book and give a
consistent answer. Could you ask him which the following is true?

1st case (results of first Q&A)
1) The Eldar Farseer in the War Host costs 75 points
2) The Eldar Supreme Commander Farseer in the Supreme Commander is 50
points.
3) The Shadow Seer, a superior unit, is only 55 points.
4) The Librarian and Tzeentch sorceror, superior units, are only 60 points.
5) The Wierdboy Warphead, a superior unit, is only 25 points but
isn't HQ.

2nd case
1) All Farseers cost 75, while all other Psykers are not 25 points
too expensive. (This shows the ungodly rarity of Farseers, which
makes them cost more than they are worth, and makes for consistent
costs. After all, there are only a few per craftworld, much like
there are only about 10 Captains per Marine chapter.)
2) The Shadow Seer, a superior unit, is only 55 points.
3) The Librarian and Tzeentch sorceror, superior units, are only 60 points.
4) The Wierdboy Warphead, a superior unit, is only 25 points but
isn't HQ.

3rd case
1) All Farseers cost 50, with the detachment HQ cost already built
in.

Mark