Re: [Epic] [E40k] Thoughts & Questions

From: A. Allen McCarley <allen_at_...>
Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 15:10:03 -0500

> I guess me & my opponent were taking forces more
> oriented towards assault with minimal shooting rather than
> the other way around, so maybe that's colored my opinion
> so far. We also haven't tried using airpower yet (the
> flyer rules just seem sloppy, I'm not sure I want to use
>
> them).

Maybe that's the secret. I've got to admit that my opponent and I were
packing a lot of ranged firepower and not going too heavy with assault
troops. I suppose that in a small game whatever you take the most of
will look the most powerfull.

I like the flyer rules. I might in time be convinced to use Robin Dew's
suggested house rule (" 'cuz he made us put it in"), but I'll want a
couple more games before I make that decision. Temp's bike detatchment
raced out from under his flak cover and got annihilated by my flyers.
You might think he should have kept them with the flak, but they wouldn't
have done him much good back there.

(Don't feel too badly for Temp. You should have seen what his lousy
Falcon host did to my Land Raiders. <sniff>)

Hmmm... the above flyer discussion looks disjointed. Why can't I backspace
on this stinking machine? The point I was trying to make was that flyers
can do a lot of damage and might need Robin's house rule to balance them.

Allen (The Q&A guy)
Check out the EPIC and EPIC 40K Q&A Pages at:
     http://work1.utsi.edu:8000/~amccarle/default.html
If you have questions about EPIC 40K and can't find the answers
in the rule books, send them to:
                    allen_at_...
They will be passed on to Jervis Johnson and Andy Chambers.