Re: [Epic] [E40k] A question...

From: Richard Dewsbery <dewsbery_at_...>
Date: Thu, 01 May 1997 22:11:29 +0100

Erik Rutins wrote:

> When a skimmer pops up, the rules state that it can see over 'any blocking
> terrain'. This caused a bit of a brouhaha on the part of my opponent in
> my last game. I let him have his way, since it seems more reasonable, but
> what does this phrase actually mean?
>
> 1 - A popped-up skimmer can see anyone on the board.
> 2 - A popped-up skimmer rises to just above any terrain directly in front
> of it. Line of sight is measured from there, so many units/detachments may
> still be impossible to shoot.

because LOS is blocked by some terrain? Now reread the rule that you
quote. Does it say "Skimmers can see over any blocking terrain, but not
over blocking terrain it is not adjacent to?" No. Further on pg38 "a
skimmer which has popped up may also be shot at ignoring any intervening
terrain" - means the same think, IMO. If you pop-up, you can see
everyone, and everyone can see you.

> My opponent's interpretation (and my current one) is #2.

Mine is interp #1

Richard