Re: [Epic] [E40k] A question...

From: David Lado <lado_at_...>
Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 18:02:56 -0400 (EDT)

>> When a skimmer pops up, the rules state that it can see over 'any blocking
>> terrain'. This caused a bit of a brouhaha on the part of my opponent in
>> my last game. I let him have his way, since it seems more reasonable, but
>> what does this phrase actually mean?
>
> Ah... the never-ending pop-up debate is back... =)
>
> As a die hard SM/TL player and begrudging convert to the new edition, I
>gotta say the annoyances seem to be starting early...this was such a
>pain fighting Eldar in the old edition, and now look...an old friend
>come to greet us... : )

The rule was never a problem. The problem is that some *players* just plain
get a bug up their butts about it. It is not a rules problem when some-
one says "I don't like XXXX rule and demand it be changed", it's a player
problem. I have no problem with people making house rules to change this
(or any) rule, but it simply isn't correct to call this a rules problem.
It's like claiming that monopoly is a flawed game because you don't like
the color of the board.

David