Re: [Epic] [E40k] A question...

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 02 May 1997 21:15:56 -0500

At 05:22 PM 5/1/97 -0400, you wrote:
> Offhand I like #2 a bit
>more as it gives you an actual point to measure from and to (for return
>fire). I think my opponent will go for it, thanks.

>> 1. Large terrain features have a "shadow" that pop-ups cannot see into
>> equal to the heighth of the terrain.
>>
>> 2. You predetermine a height for pop-ups. Suggestions have been 15-30
>cm.

I don't think you need a specific point to measure from. It just slows
things down. I should also add that #1 also included rules that artillery
can't indirect fore if they are within the shadow of a terrain feature (as
they can't depress the barrels far enough), and fliers have half-length
shadows (more important in 2nd edition, especially for Overlords).
Altogether it offers a simple, fast, relatively realistic way of determining
LoS. Can you tell that #1 is the one our gaming groups used . . . :)

Temp