Re: [Epic] Q&A #1 (And I'm back)

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 15:03:59 -0400 (EDT)

duckrvr_at_... writes:
> Um, because you have to have a detachment commander. A warlock upgraded to
> a unit commander is 42 points, and doesn't get the Hero ability. Until this
> whole Farseer thing is fixed, I still suggest wraithguard upgraded to
> warlocks and turned into the HQ is the best bet.

        I disagree. The 10cm movement thing can be a real handicap.
10cm is just far too slow for most detachments to be viable. You'd be
better off putting a couple in with Aspect stands. If you have a
detachment that consists of mainly tanks, then you could consider the
Wraithguard as detachment HQ. Otherwise, you're probably better of
not fielding a psyker. (And some people think that Eldar aren't the
weakest race of psykers! :)

        But yeah, 33 points is kind of expensive for the Hero ability,
even for Eldar. Still, "What to do if I don't want to field a
Farseer" is still a discussion I'm interested in.

Mark