Re: [Epic] Q&A #1 (And I'm back)

From: Richard Dewsbery <dewsbery_at_...>
Date: Fri, 02 May 1997 20:22:45 +0100

PAspin3551_at_... wrote:

> In a message dated 01/05/97 18:11:51, allen_at_... (A. Allen
> McCarley) writes:
>
> << > Eldar Detatchments
> > > a)Any unit at +25 points
> > > b)Farseer at 50 points
> > > c)Farseer at 50+25=75 points
> >
> > P: a) - the Farseer should cost 75 points >>
>
> Well, im sorry but my group is going to completely disregard THAT ruling.

Ditto. Whilst the ruling on the Eldar is consistent with the ruling for
the Marines, I'm FAR from convinced that the lists are consistent with
each other. And if the lists were written in different ways, to apply
the same rule to the two different lists will produced irreconcileable
inconsistencies.

The farseer should cost 50 points as a detachment commander based upon
its abilities. It should cost 50 points based upon the cost of an
equivalent supreme commander. And it should cost 50 points because 75
points is just too many.

pg102 of the battles book "the bottom line is that if you and your
fellow gamers want to ... modify any part of these rules because you
prefer it that way then go for it!"

I'm usually _extremely_ wary of using such a proviso, as it allows
forthright players to try to include all sorts of guff, and leads to
different groups playing by different rules and rulings which was my
main beef with Napoleonics, but in this case, I don't think too many
people will complain.

Round here, the Farseer will cost 50 points.

Richard