Re: [Epic] Armies in the new edition

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 15:31:00 -0500

 ----------
From: Richard Dewsbery
To: space-marine_at_...
Subject: Re: [Epic] Armies in the new edition
Date: Friday, May 02, 1997 2:24PM

> If your stuff is already painted why bother? If your stuff is unpainted
> than the new bases are the way to go. There is no real reason to rebase
> your stuff. All of my groups bikes are two to a stand, the infantry is
> mostly on square bases, there isn't a reason to rebase the finised stuff.
> Unless your group insists that everything be GW approved.

But GW have "approved" the use of the old bases. Pg 103, Battles Book
"... there is no need to rebase them." And if ANYONE at my local store
even BEGINS to THINK about the POSSIBILITY of PERHAPS suggesting the
contrary, he will receive a large quantity of the new bases painfully
and suddenly in a way which may impair his ability to sit down.

Richard

 ---> OK , responding to my own post :
        Now that we have shown a stunning degree of common sense and harmony on
the basing issue does anyone have a problem with people using the old
bases? For whatever reason . Speak now.
        Still interested in old vs new thoughts, BTW...

                        Chris Miller