Re: [Epic] Q&A #1 (And I'm back)

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 20:42:35 -0400 (EDT)

Elias Tiliakos <elite_at_...> writes:
> >> Uhhh... Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there only supposed to
> >> be a couple of farseers _per craftworld_?
> >
> > Yes there are only several per craftworld, but craftworlds are
> >generally much smaller than the 6 large ones they list in Renegades.
> >I would imagine that the larger craftworlds have proportionally more
> >Farseers.
> >
> > Aren't there supposed to be only like 10 captains per Marine
> >_Chapter_? Yet a 1000 point game might include 3 Captains or so? Or
> >Librarians? I thought that good librarians only came 1-2 per chapter.
> >Yet they're only 60-65 points.
> >

> Well, that _is_ kind of expensive. As it is, I would only take
> either the librarian or the captain for one detachment, and certainly
> not both. Plus, one librarian per detachment at 35 or 60 points is
> kinda restrictive... it's almost certain that marines have a +1 against
> them in cc and firefights. I'd probably only take a captain in an
> assault squad (give 'em jump packs).

        Not anymore. Take a Librarian and you're guaranteed to have
more psykers than the Eldar. (Strange how that works) Any psyker
closer than 45cm to a Land Raider is going to get shot with anti-tank.
Farseers at least had some hope of survival.

        And you're complaining that 35/60 points is expensive for an
heroic, psychic, *MARINE*? Sheesh. I'll trade you psykers! The
Eldar one must be superior, as the fluff always claims that Eldar
aren't completely pathetic in the psyker department, yet their only
decent heroic psyker is the Shadow Seer.

Mark