Re: [Epic] My Very Big Imperial Heavy Company

From: Patrik Carlsson <f94pc_at_...>
Date: Sun, 04 May 1997 14:37:17 +0200

brendan gavin wrote:

> Here's my Imperial Heavy Company.I've no points values (would someone please
> send me this back with the points values at cobag_at_..., not the mailing
> list as I unsubscribed recently) and some of the stuff is new (send
> suggested rules to cobag_at_...) but thats O.K. I hope.
> Thanks to J. Michael Looney who posted the I.G. Motor Rifle Company. You
> inspired me to start this.
> This is based on a U.S. Heavy Company.
>
> IMPERIAL HEAVY COMPANY
>
> 1> COMMAND.
>
> 1 Supreme Commander (in Chimera) (colonel) 50+14
> 1 Psyker (in Chimera +10 (included on colonels stand)
> BODYGUARD:
> 1 Squad (in Chimera) 14+14
>
> 2> AIR DEFENCE.
>
> 1 Det. Commander (in Chimera) 32+14
main:
> 1 Squad (in Chimera) 14+14
support:
> 6 Hydras 28x6

ILLEGAL!!!
you must have one main squad for every support unit. e.g 6 IG squads or
Heavy IG squads.
that would also mean two commanders since every commander has only 3
main units.

> 3-5> INFANTRY.
>
> 3 Det. Commander 32x3
> 10 Squads 14x9
I've changed it to a legal formation

> 6-10> ARMOUR.
>
>( 1 Det. Commander (in Chimera))
You make one of your leman russes HQ +25
> 10 squadrons of 3 Leman Russes 30x32

super heavy squad
one unit as HQ +25

> 11-16> MECH. INFANTRY.
>
> 3 Det. Commander (in Chimera) 3x(32+14)
> 9 Squads (in Chimeras) 9x(14+14)
changed to legal formation

> 17> SP ARTILLERY
>
> Det. Commander from basilisks +25
> 10 Basilisks heavy artillery 10x41
>
> 18> SP ARTILLERY
>
> (1 Det. Commander (in Chimera))
        space marine unit HQ from wwinds +25
> 10 Whirlwinds 26x10 (could be sqauds of 3)
>
> 19> CLOSE FIRE SUPPORT
>
> 1 Det. Commander (in Chimera)
> 10 Squads (in Chimera) --- as above

space marine tanks:
        HQ +25
> 10 Vindicators 22x10 (could be squads of 3)
>
> 20> AVIATION/CAVALRY
>
>( 1 Det. Commander (in Chimera) ) not legal

2 rr commanders 2x(32+4)
> 5 Rough Rider Squads 5x10

air detachement
HQ +25
> 10 Marauders 10x45
>
> 21> AVIATION
>
> 1 Det. Commander (in Marauder) +25
> 10 Marauders 10x45
>
> 22> AVIATION
>
> 1 Det. Commander (in Thunderbolt) +25
> 10 Thunderbolts 10x30
>
> 23> CAVALRY
>
> 1 Det. Commander (in Chimera)
> 5 Bike Squads bike doesnt exist any longer for IG
> 5 Rough Rider Squads rr as above
>
> 24> TRANSPORT
>
> 1 Det. Commander (in Chimera)
> 10 Chimeras chimeras are addons as above

SM detachment
HQ +25
> 10 Thunderhawk 10x80
>
> 25> TITAN SUPPORT
>
> 1 Det. Commander (in Titan 1)
all are independent detachements
> Titan 1 warhounds 200
> Titan 2 reavers 390
> Titan 3 warlord 555
> Titan 4 imperator 900

Back to planning, I wont comment since I havent made my own army yet
reply with the total point cost.
        Patrik Carlsson
                f94pc_at_...
                        http://www.efd.lth.se/~f94pc/epic/