Re: [Epic] Converting Heavy Weapons Troops

From: Alan Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Mon, 05 May 1997 20:10:58 -0700

Thomas Lee Denney wrote:

> To who ever came up with the idea of taking the heavy bolter from the robot
> and using it on the older marines, that we all have a ton of, THANKS!!!! I
> messed around with that stuff today, and with in half an hour I had 12 new
> troopers with heavy bolters.

A REAL Heavy Bolter is to be found on Chaos Squats. But the conversion,
cutting it off and sticking it on, would be difficult, to say the least.

> I was wondering one thing about what pieces to put on the stands. I know
> that when I rebase my stuff, my tac. stands will be all tac. troopers, my
> heavy stands will only have one heavy piece as opposed to two and my
> assault stands will only have one assault guy and the rest being tac.s. Do
> you think this would fly at an event, or would these not be allowed? I
> really don't care, but am just curious.

Hmmm. In a friendly, Heck yes, no worries. But in an event, I'm sorry,
but it's unlikely. The Assault stand may be OK, but the others not. This
is because in E40K the standard seems to be Heavy Weapons = 2 (or more?)
HWs to a stand, Normal = 0-1 HWs to a stand, so there is the potential
for confusion.

> One more thing. On page 34 of Armies, the space marine detachment list has
> three different types of commanders you can choose from to lead your
> detachment. I just want to make sure I have this correct. You can either
> choose one of the stands from the main force to be an HQ and pay 25 points,
> or you can buy an additional stand that represents the captain for 25
> points. And on top of that you can also buy a Chaplin in addition to that
> stuff. Is this correct, or can you only pick one of the three?

Almost.

You can:
a) Add no special units at 0 cost
b) Add a Captain, at 25
c) Add a Chaplain, at 35 or whatever
d) Add both a Captain and a Chaplain, at 60

But in ALL Cases, you must then add +25 for command points.

So your total cost in each case is a)25, b)50, c)60, d)85

--
100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture