Re: [Epic] Eldar Armies

From: Sutherland <charles_at_...>
Date: Mon, 05 May 1997 08:15:59 -0500

> Also I have a some questions, which I would appreciate if
> anybody could provide me with answers to.
>
> 1) I presume that the Adeptus Mechanicus Ordinatus armed with
> rockets can fire indirectly. In the new rules through there
> is no mention of having the artillery special capability.

It does not have the arty. so it must have line of sight.

> 2) Artillery I presume can only fire indirectly at enemy
> detachments that can be seen by at least one friendly unit.
> In the new rules however there is no mention of this, so
> theortically artillery can fire at any enemy detachment
> (as long as it is range), even when the enemy detachment
> can't be seen by any friendly units.

Anything within range by the rules.

> 3) It isn't clear in the rules, can deathstrike missiles
> be launched againist targets that they can't see at the
> moment of their launch?

Again no arty. ability so it must have LOS. Somewhat helps to balance the
unit but the range(unlimited) means that it is not that big of a
limitation. Could you imagine what games would look like if they did have
arty? I launch my 10 vortex missiles and your army dissapears
moohahahahah. Nothing can hide.

> 4) Do deathstike missiles hit their target in the same turn
> they are launched? If they don't, what speed do deathstrike
> missiles move at after they are launched?

Same turn.

                                                        That CHuk Guy