Re: [Epic] Epic Terrain

From: Andrew Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 07:51:30 -0400

> Sauron1 writes;Andy I recomend that you paint the green styrofoam hills
> with acrylic paint and add the glue and fine sand to the paint. It will
> give you a hard gasslike surface that will be like sandpaper and make
> vehicles and infantery stands stay on gentle slopes of the the
> hills.
I might do this, though since the foam was green, I've put it off.
It isn't styrofoam, and the surface is pretty rough already. Not sure
how well paint would stick or how it would look.

>Round plastic drink stir stiks from makdonalds make good pipes. You
> can dip them into boiling water to soften them up for bending around a
> round corner like a counter edge or a wooden dowl. sauron1
I've got some of the bending drinking straws, with the accordion-looking
stuff for the corner. The set I got from the train store included big
wheel-shaped valve handles and various other hardware.

I've got some old screen that I'll make some fence out of.

The building I'd like to use for an industrial plant (looks like a power
station) is a plastic bubble from one of those compact flourescent lights.
I'm mostly worried that it may not be sturdy enough, though once it is
glued it could be better. I might even fill it up with something to sturdy
it. Maybe wet newspaper bits.

We were at Pier 1 Imports last night, and I saw some things which would
make good scenery, maybe more for the 25-30mm scales. They had some kind
of Chinese lion statue on a base. It was made of something that looked
like stone, and the detail was brought out in interesting ways. It really
could look like a large stone statues. Too big for Epic, I think.

andy
askinner_at_...