Re: [Epic] Space Marine Chapters

From: PAULO ALEXANDRE CORREIA POMBAL(leic) <"PAULO>
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 19:16:50 +0100 (WET DST)

On Tue, 6 May 1997, Miller, Chris wrote:

> ----> How did you determine that an IG regiment is 6000 men ? In the
> fluff, everyone raised from a planet at one time is one "regiment"?

It says in the Armies of the Imperium that IG regiments have between 2000
to 6000 soldiers in their ranks

> Personally, I don't care about the numbers (millions of Orks ? how did
> they get there?): It's a whole buncha orks attacking a whole buncha IG,
> and the marines come in to help. Like is said below, it's a heroic type
> game, and trying to slap "realism" on it is a mistake. "Realism" goes
> out the door about the time the titans walk on and the psykers start
> frying each others brains.

You got a point there (about realism). As to million of Orks getting there
I presume that in the year 40000 most civilizations would have the ability
to build huge space fleets to shift several million soldiers and equipment
at a time.
But let's not start on this one....

Paulo Pombal