Re: [Epic] Marine Chapter Color Schemes?

From: Richard Dewsbery <dewsbery_at_...>
Date: Tue, 06 May 1997 19:03:08 +0100

> Being the proud possessor of a slew of spare Marines and as my Squat
> horde is in limbo, I'm starting a new Marine army.
> I have so far completely avoided paying any attention to Marines and
> Guard, other than how to kill them all that is.
> What I would like to know is if anyone can point me to, or post a list
> of the various chapters and what they look like. Any special symbols or
> patterns would be greatly appreciated. I do like to do banners

The Ultramarine Codex is a good source for "standard" marine heraldry
and symbols. The few pages of variant codex chapters are useful, too.
 All of my new figures have been painted up as Silver Skulls, frex.

> True, I could create my own chapter, but as my sense of humor tends
> toward the bizarre, an entire chapter done in Polish Crimson (pink)
> just didn't seem to make the cut. Also as insane as I can get, I think
> I'll avoid trying the previously mentioned Tartans. (glorious but mind
> numbing work) hmmmm, maybe a chapter devoted to those with incredibly
> poor color taste...

And why not? A nice vivid, almost dayglo green appealed to me this
afternoon. "The Imperial Bogeys" Chapter, perhaps?

Insane is when you not only paint the tartan, but have different clan
tartans for the different squads, AND the tartans are all recogniseable
and accurate!

Richard