Re: [Epic] Marine Chapter Color Schemes?

From: W. Gregory Klett <cyclops_at_...>
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 17:39:04 -0500

>The Ultramarine Codex is a good source for "standard" marine heraldry
>and symbols. The few pages of variant codex chapters are useful, too.
> All of my new figures have been painted up as Silver Skulls, frex.

 I'll see if I can find a copy, or if it was in one of the block of
WD's I didn't pick up.

>> True, I could create my own chapter, but as my sense of humor tends
>> toward the bizarre, an entire chapter done in Polish Crimson (pink)
>> just didn't seem to make the cut. Also as insane as I can get, I think
>> I'll avoid trying the previously mentioned Tartans. (glorious but mind
>> numbing work) hmmmm, maybe a chapter devoted to those with incredibly
>> poor color taste...
>
>And why not? A nice vivid, almost dayglo green appealed to me this
>afternoon. "The Imperial Bogeys" Chapter, perhaps?

 Funny you should mention that... I did a 40K Chaos Terminator in Tzeentch
colors. I used Armoury 'Jupiter Pink' and 'Midnight Blue Metallic' with
'Copper/Brass' hilights. It could be picked out quite clearly from across
a large room. Dayglo and high contrast, eeewwwwwie, shudder! Perfect for
Chaos, not so good for Mundane Marines.

>Insane is when you not only paint the tartan, but have different clan
>tartans for the different squads, AND the tartans are all recogniseable
>and accurate!
>
>Richard

 Nope, Un Uh, No way, Not a Chance, Not in this Century Bucko, of course
there isn't that much left in this century so who knows... hmmm :)

  Greg

| W. Gregory Klett | Those that can, do! |
| cyclops_at_... | Those that could and won't, dream. |
| | Those that can't, pretend and brag about it! |