Re: [Epic] Space Marine Chapters

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 11:28:45 -0400 (EDT)

Excerpts from Epic: 7-May-97 Re: [Epic] Space Marine Cha.. by Waiming
Poo-Cheong_at_keble
> Unfortunately, I think this novel is out of print. And, come to think of
> it, I am interested in finding the other 40K novels, "Inquisitor" and
> "Deathwing"...

And Harlequin, and Chaos Child... those are books 2 and 3 in the
Inquisition war series, just so's you know. (Book 1 is Inquisitor.)

> > Heh. That's a bit of a debate right there, y'know, whether the
> > Illuminati are correct or... misguided. We'll probably never know,
> > really, since one way would spell the doom of humanity while the other
> > would push humanity well over the other powers & races. Tied in with
> > that question is the Sensei, and the Star Child, and whether the old
> > shamans were right... very old stuff, that
>
> huh??

Oh, I was just babbling, pay it no mind.
^_-

No, a bit more seriously... the two Realms of Chaos books give two
different views on what's might happen to the Emperor. In the first,
when he dies he'll be reborn, IIRC. Nothing fancy, really. In the
second, though, they introduce the Sensei, the children (not directly)
of the Emperor, who are basically the foils for the Chaos Champions
presented in the first book. There's a whole story there, however,
about how the Illuminati (basically, anyone who's managed to survive
being possessed by a Daemon) intend to sacrifice all the Sensei to the
Emperor at the moment of his death, thus resurrecting him with glorious
powers.

Any bets?

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...