Re: [Epic] Space Marine Chapters

From: E. Sund <esund_at_...>
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 19:07:58 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 7 May 1997, Troy, Kiesten &/or Michael wrote:

> <SNIP! Number of marines/realism of Armageddon>
>
> It's called a plot device, and rarely has any grounding in "realism" at all.
>
> Why is it that one mighty race hasn't managed to overthrow all the other
> races of Warhammer Fantasy, given their hatred of each other?
>
> Plot device.
>
> -Troy Baker-

I dunno, somebody did it to the Zoats, apparently. It just takes a long
time. Look at the Byzantine Empire. That sucker held on for quite a
while. And Pharonic (Pharoic?) Egypt lasted a piece of time, as well.
Ebb and flow! Actually the fluff (such as there is, the WFB universe
being less richly appointed than the (original) Wh40k universe) seems to
point out that humans are on the rise. As long as chaos doesn't get 'em
from within.

E. Sund

PS- New WH40K universe is so damn vanilla. It's like a GI Joe comic book.