Re: [Epic] The return of Looney Rants!

From: Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...>
Date: Thu, 8 May 1997 13:25:57 GMT

At 02:27 AM 8/5/97 -0500, you wrote:

>>Sauron1 writes; And you still want to play that Epic40k junk! sauron1
>>

>I got just a couple of things to say about this _at_nd ecition stuff.
>
> 1. Great gargant- the cannon ball round from the gutbuster would kill any
>titan it could get a bead on DEAD. No ifs ands or buts.

What about IF it doesn't scatter or IF it actually hits the titan after
taking down all of its shields (50/50 on that hit...) and IF the titan fails
its save (quite likely at -4) and IF you roll a 6 on the damage - well THEN
it kills the titan stone motherless dead.

>And once you
>killed the gargant he stumbled around on fire for a couple of turns still
>shootin stuff.

Maybe, maybe not. Depends how you kill it...

> 2. Vortex missiles- Warlord shows up with 4 V missiles.

I pressume that all 2nd Ed players know that this is not on - Vortex
missiles are carapace mount only...

> Power nukes all the opposing titans than HtHs everything else.

Well, yeah, IF they don't scatter (1 time in 3) you will do d6 hits. A lot
of titans survive d6 hits...

> 3. Mekboy dragstas- you cant shoot in but they can shoot out.

Yep, very handy things those dragsters, but I assume that everyone who faces
Orcs has a tactic for dealing with them...

>And to make it worse your shots at it bounce back at you most the time.

Well, that's 50/50 in my experience... Probably more like 70/30 since I'm
probably not very close to the dragsters and he (the orcs) is.

> 4. Bikes bikes bikes- I swarm you with a bazillion bikes in Hth and you die.

Yep Close Combat IS the bane of EPIC (2nd Ed AND 40K IMO). There are ways
of dealing with the bike horde, but I would agree that lots of bikes is
about as cheesy as you can get...

> 5. Plague marines in THWgunships- I land next to you, fart(summon plague
>wind), and half your army dies.

Yep, I'd be lookin' at limiting my oponants targets if I were you...
Snapfire weapons help, although the invisibilty chaos card will hurt you
badly... (Chaos is like that - scissors, paper, rock, plaguewind!)

>The 2nd ed. did have lotso character but it was not a fun game to play with
>all the mega broken units and weapons.

Do what I do. Try using tactics to defeat a superior force. (It is
possible you know.)

Just my .02 worth,

Agro