[Epic] Marching transports (was: looney rants)

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 08 May 1997 21:15:27 -0500

At 09:31 PM 5/8/97 -0700, you wrote:

>Now place the CofS on March Orders, just behind the Blitzboyz on
>Assault, and see what happens.
>
>HINT: The Blitzboyz move 75cm in the normal move phase, then another
>20-30cm into combat... that's 8 units at 4 plus 4 at 3.

I've wondered if this would really be effective. Has anyone tried it? I'm
thinking aspect warriors w/ jump packs in falcons and wave serpents could
get even farther since they dont' have to maneuver around terrain. You
might very well have a completely badass unit in hth in one turn, but it
seems like you would be gutted the next turn. There's also the chance that
the attacking unit could be suppressed into inaction. Two large detachments
can usually put 4 blastmarkers on a unit, and I wouldn't be inclined to
accept a 50% chance of being pinned when I'm trying to assault. And what if
the other guy gets to move first in assault? He can pick the fight to his
advantage, and you may end up broken before you get to move. This would be
especially likely against Orks (by the same token, they wouldn't need to
worry about it nearly as much as others).

Again, I'm anxious to hear from someone who has tried the tactic.

Temp