Re: [Epic] Unified Theory of GW

From: Stephen Sheldon <sheldona_at_...>
Date: Fri, 9 May 1997 08:26:48 -0700 (PDT)

> Chaos demons have stats in both WH40K and War Hammer Fantasy Battles,
> therefore there is a mechanism for comparing units and equipment in
> both.
>
> Does anyone on the list know
> a) whether, say, a greater demon of Nurgle has identical stats in both
> systems, and

They do have identical stats, look at WD207

> b) what the stats are for longbows in WHFB?
15"short range, 30"long.

> If the long bows have a Str3 and reasonable range they should work as
> well as Lasguns in WH40K (or Necromunda).
No, there is a bit in the WH40k rules about how primitive weapons are very
innefective against modern armour. Bows in necromunda are horrible.

> If thats the case it should be possible to scale medieavel style units
> to Epic. Imagine the different types of world you could fight over
> e.g. An Imperial Guard regiment brings the Emporer's Light to a planet
> cut off by Warpstorms for a thousand years. As one of its motorised
> columns winds through the mountains an antiquated brass cannon slams
> an enormous round into the side of a Rhino as ancient mortars open
> fire from the reverse slope to start an avalanche. The infantry debus
> into the open to be met by withering bow fire from the tree line.

Lots of disruption, next to no real damage. I think if that were the case
though, the marines would orbital barrage them.

> Nah, silly idea. About as likely as Custer being wiped out by a bunch
> of stone age people or Afghan tribemen defying one of the greatest
> military powers.

Those Afghans can be tricky buggers.
Steve