[Epic] Unified Theory of GW

From: Brian Douglas <bdouglas_at_...>
Date: Fri, 9 May 1997 15:17:49 PDT

Forwarded Message:
From: <ponchoc_at_...>
Date: Fri, 09 May 1997 09:00:24 -0500
Subject: Re: [Epic] Epic ground scale (fwd)
To: Brian Douglas <bdouglas_at_...>

Brian Douglas wrote:

> DLIL-Lewiston, Kris wrote:
> >
> > Brian Douglas wrote:
> > >

> <snip>
>
> > The E40K scale is 15cm= 24", with each inch equaling 2 meters. At
> least
> > that is what I remember from WD 206 or 207.
> >
> > so if 24" equals out to about 78 feet then bolters suck.
> > --
> > Poncho Caine (Eldar Farseer)
> > (a.k.a. Kris Lewison)
> > E-Mail Address ponchoc_at_...
>
> Oops, I'm bad, it should be about 146 feet.
>
> ===Shall we make that 144 feet? *grin*===
>
> Please forgive me I've been up since 3 this morning
>
> ====On no account tell my fiancee====
> --
> Poncho Caine (Eldar Farseer)
> (a.k.a. Kris Lewison)
> E-Mail Address ponchoc_at_...

Heck, anybody with a good rifle, like a .223 can shoot out to 300
meters, figure a good kill range of 150 against most troops. All a
bolter is is a big rocket grenage launcher with a piss poor range.
--
Poncho Caine (Eldar Farseer)
(a.k.a. Kris Lewison)
E-Mail Address ponchoc_at_...
I hope Poncho doesn't mind me forwarding this to the list but he's
raised a good point. Stick with me on this.
Chaos demons have stats in both WH40K and War Hammer Fantasy Battles,
therefore there is a mechanism for comparing units and equipment in
both.
Does anyone on the list know
a) whether, say, a greater demon of Nurgle has identical stats in both
systems, and
b) what the stats are for longbows in WHFB?
If the long bows have a Str3 and reasonable range they should work as
well as Lasguns in WH40K (or Necromunda).
If thats the case it should be possible to scale medieavel style units
to Epic. Imagine the different types of world you could fight over
e.g. An Imperial Guard regiment brings the Emporer's Light to a planet
cut off by Warpstorms for a thousand years. As one of its motorised
columns winds through the mountains an antiquated brass cannon slams
an enormous round into the side of a Rhino as ancient mortars open
fire from the reverse slope to start an avalanche. The infantry debus
into the open to be met by withering bow fire from the tree line.
Nah, silly idea. About as likely as Custer being wiped out by a bunch
of stone age people or Afghan tribemen defying one of the greatest
military powers.