Re: [Epic] [E40k] Campaign Version II

From: Sean Smith <seans_at_...>
Date: Sat, 10 May 1997 07:55:46 +1300

On Sat 10 May, Erik Rutins wrote:
> Included below is my attempt to reconcile the first version of my campaign
> rules with suggestions from the list, my gaming partners, and other new
> ideas bouncing around in my head. Take a look through and let me know what
> you think! Areas marked with * are points under discussion and are being
> focused on in playtesting.
>

> On a roll of 1, the scouting units are captured and the friendly detachment
> that contains the scouts must be revealed to the enemy for examination.
> (aerial units may ignore rolls of 1 - no Gary Powers clause here)

hehehehehe, very clever comment about Gary Powers.

I still think that aircraft detachments should be able to scout one
detachment per aircraft remaining in the detachment, after all AA
and interceptions have been resolved.

Instead of deciding who moves first, who has to declare the first attact,
who must decides to gets their aircraft first etc etc solely on strategy
rating, why not make it who rolls higher with a 1d6+strategy rating.

What about some reinforcements arriving in major territories from time
to time? I suspect that every now and then people will have detachments
completely wiped out.

You could also have a random factor of the high command demanding you
do such and such to reveal pressure on other sectors of the world. Note
I think of you campaign as being a sector of planet, rather than a
complete world.

One player rolls a 1d6, next determine randomly which side is going to
receive a special order this turn. Finally the side being given a special
order rolls a 1d6 and consult the table below. Both sides get to know
the result of a roll on the table below.

      1. The enemy has broken through in another sector, some of your
         forces are need temporaly to help stop the enemy advance. Roll
         1d6 per detachment, except supreme commands, on a roll of
         1 or 2 that unit is unavaible for this turn. If you lose one
         or less territores this turn, the High Command will reward your
         efforts by assigning 1d3 additional detachements permanently.

      2. High Command thinks that this is a good sector to make push in,
         it assigns 1+1d6 additional detachments to you for one turn only.
         You must attack at least three territories this turn. At least two
         of your permanet ground detachments must be involved in every
         attack you make this turn. If you take less than two territories,
         the High Command believes its forces can be better used by more
         talented commanders in other sectors and you permanently lose 1d3
         detachments (you choose which).

     3. High Command needs you to attack immediately to relieve pressure
        on other sectors, it assigns you No additional troops. You
        must attack at least three sectors this turn, with at least two
        detachments each.

     4, 5 & 6 I still have to invent, or turn it into a 1d3 table.

--
 Sean Smith

 Home - Seans_at_...