Re: [Epic][E40k] Campaign Ideas

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 00:01:28 -0500

At 04:49 PM 5/8/97 -0400, you wrote:

>I see your point here, and I think it's a valid observation. There's a
>flaw there we need to fix. What do you think would be the best way of
>amending the victory conditions to encourage offense as well as
>defense?

Hmm. Maybe boosting the points for taking territory, getting points for
each territory each turn (that way even a slight advantage can begin to add
up), allowing additional units when a new territory is taken (take
aterritory and you get to add 250 points, or however much), or maybe adding
a morale bonus to your troops depending on how much territory you control
compared to what your opponenet controls (this could potentially make
momentum a very serious consideration).

>So far, we like the following the best:
>
>1 Move = 1 Detachment
>1 Attack = 1 Territory
>1 Response = 1 Detachment
>
>What do you think the best option(s) are?

So every detachment in a territory can attack if you want, but only one can
move? I can see how that would be handy in a game system, but it hardly
seems realistic. What if you want every det but one to attack? Can you do
that? If not, then it seems like you would have to spend all your remaining
moves reinforcing the vacated territory. But I'd really have to see this in
action before I would feel comfortable offering an opinion.

Temp