Re: [Epic] Epic ground scale

From: David Lado <lado_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 10:03:02 -0400 (EDT)

>At least when I couldn't paint my troops I could console myself with
>the knowledge that they were only the size of a politicians conscience
>(UK has just had its general election - as always, the government
>won). Now I have to acept the fact that not only can I not paint I'm
>losing my sight as well. Still, they always warned me I'd end up
>needing glasses...

Your politicians have consciences!? In the US, we have a term for
such poloticians: "unemployed". Still, you should "always look on the
bright side of life", there's alot of people in the world who would
think it grand to be given the choice of 2 evils.

AS a totally off-topic side note, my sister does consultation work in
South and Central America, so if you ever think your government is
screwing things up, try these little tidbits on for size:

1 The Jamacan government doesn't even know how many people
        it employs, let alone how much it pays them.
2 The Bolivian goverment is completely replaced every time the
        ruling party loses an election (generally every time). And
        I mean *totally* replaced, down to the beaurocrats, paper-
        pushers, stockboys, and postal workers. When the old workers
        leave they take all their records with them (out of spite),
        so there are no records of anything dating back more than 4-5
        years!

And people in the US complain when it takes 4 days for a letter to go
from New York to California (and, oh my gosh, it actually cost 32 cents).

David