Re: [Epic] fate cards

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 22:34:22 -0500

At 10:07 PM 5/11/97 -0700, you wrote:

>i was actually quite disapointed as the whole game (skirmish is
>probably more accurate, 500 apeice, take and hold) turned on a fate
>card. basically he played the forced march card during the assault phase
>and was able to move his detachment some incredibloe distance basically
>surrounding me

Some of them are tough, but I think the size of the battle has as much to do
with the seeming "all-powerfulness" of them. If it had been a 2000 pt
battel where you could have counter attacked his over extended detachment,
it wouldn't have been so bad. However, since he wiped out 60% of your army,
you couldn't do that.

In the last game I played the cards were pretty even. Once, I used it to
gain initiative when I really needed to fire first, but it still left some
really hard choices, and he still had a primo firing opportunity that I
couldn't prevent. The other time it made adifference was in a firefight
where I zapped his psyker to get the bonus. We dueled a lot of cards on
that single encounter. I think I burned 3 to his 2, and he lost a psyker
versus me losing a demolisher (4fp). I can't remeber if the loss of the
demolisher brough the fp below the multiple so he made up the +1 for the
psyker or not.

Temp