(no subject)

From: Ken Taborek <oberon_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 14:30:55 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks, Andrew, for the info. I've read the Q&A and have some
input/comments:

The answer I received from GW in reguards to SH weapons and blast markers
is that SH weapons without a FP value are *not affected at all by blast
markers*. This seemed to make a company of Land Raiders too powerful to my
group of friends, and I like this answer much better. Leave it to GW to
give out conflicting answers!

We also asked about how many broods a Harridan can carry, and got an
answer which must be wrong. Reading between the lines, it appears that
one Harridan can carry one brood of up to 5 units. GW told us that each
Harridan can carry 5 broods! They are smoking low-grade crack.

I also want an answer to questions they haven't replied to yet:

If I take a Space Marine only army, my strategy rating is 5. If I buy
Thunderhawks (listed as Imperial air), does it drop? I would believe not,
but who knows?

Do disrupt weapons really inflict blast markers for their status as SH
weapons as well as for their disrupt effect? The wording is vague.

Why is a Demon Prince so expensive with respect to the other, standard,
deamon princes (Great Unclean One, Lord of Change, etc)? It seems that
they have a better assult value, and other abilitys (skimmer, psycher,
etc) built in already, where the generic prince has to pay for any
abilitys.

And finally: What do I do with my extensive Squat army? Not to mention
my 3 companies (old term) and detachments (old term) of knights?

Overall, I like the new game system. I'm just not comfortable with the
level of customer service GW puts out. It is ridiculous to expect anyone
who has spent both money and time painting to simply accept that their
favorite units aren't in the game any longer.

So, that's my spam for the day.

--Ken Taborek oberon_at_...
"Show respect for age. Drink good Scotch for a change."- random fortune