[Epic] Re:

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 15:01:03 -0400 (EDT)

Excerpts from Epic: 12-May-97 by Ken Taborek_at_...
>Leave it to GW to
> give out conflicting answers!

<nod><nod>

They've done that for *years*....

>They are smoking low-grade crack.

I dunno if they do that, though. ^_-

> If I take a Space Marine only army, my strategy rating is 5. If I buy
> Thunderhawks (listed as Imperial air), does it drop? I would believe not,
> but who knows?

No. (This one was discussed in some depth just a week or two ago.) If
you notice, your strategy rating only drops if you take Imperial *Navy*
units. Thunderhawks are Space Marine flyers; GW just combined the two
into one box, presumably for space reasons.

> Do disrupt weapons really inflict blast markers for their status as SH
> weapons as well as for their disrupt effect? The wording is vague.

I can't say 100%, but it seems to me like "other Blast markers that
would normally be placed" would include the ones for SHW fire. So yes.

> Why is a Demon Prince so expensive with respect to the other, standard,
> deamon princes (Great Unclean One, Lord of Change, etc)? It seems that
> they have a better assult value, and other abilitys (skimmer, psycher,
> etc) built in already, where the generic prince has to pay for any
> abilitys.

<shrug> Not sure; lots of GW's costs are odd -- the cost of a farseer
is a sore point for many Eldar players, if you go by the Q&A. (I think
we're appealing that one.) Odds are the 45 point cost should include a
"Save" ability, if not "Hero", but that would be for a Q&A. The 45
point cost would likely include the 25 points to grab the "command"
ability, so you can't really look at the Prince as a base 45 point
daemon, he's a base 20 point daemon with the +25 points pre-added to
become a detachment commander.

Well, maybe. ^_^;;

> And finally: What do I do with my extensive Squat army? Not to mention
> my 3 companies (old term) and detachments (old term) of knights?

Well, we (well, others on the list) worked out Knight rules recently;
I'm sure someone will re-post it. I've got most of a Squat army list
completed, and awaiting a chance to playtest it -- probably tomorrow
eve. I might dump it to the list soon thereafter, the main problem is
I'm going to be out of net connect for a bit....

> Overall, I like the new game system.

I'm so-so on it, but I haven't played it yet and I might be mildly
biased, since two of my armies were nixed (Squats & Knights) and the
third radically altered (Titan Legion).

>I'm just not comfortable with the
> level of customer service GW puts out.

Um... yeah.
(What customer service was that?)

(half ^_- )

>It is ridiculous to expect anyone
> who has spent both money and time painting to simply accept that their
> favorite units aren't in the game any longer.

But they're going to come out with a Squat Codex, with both 40K and e40K
lists, in just a year or two! No, really they are! <snort>

> So, that's my spam for the day.

Nah, that wasn't spam. Questions never are... well, questions on
anything related to e40K or any previous editions.

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...