Re: [Epic] Newbie

From: Richard Dewsbery <dewsbery_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 19:22:51 +0100

> I'm hoping to participate more in the E40K discussions soon, since I'm hoping
> to get the game soon (today?). Then to teach my wife to play. (Someone said
> they were jealous that I still get toys for my birthday, but I think people
> have just about eaten their hearts out when I said that my wife will actually
> play the game with me. She wants to do Eldar. Even wants to paint!) I've
> held off playing Space Marine/Titan Legions with her, since I only want to
> teach her one rule set, and E40K seems to be faster playing and more unified.

No chance of trading her, is there? Mine will only play bingo and the
lottery :)

> I think the Space Marine rules start off seeming very simple (why I chose
> SM instead of playing Dirtside II), but got more complicated quickly. I'm
> hoping E40K will present the whole mass at once, and not bog down afterwards.

Now GW have gone on record several times saying that the box contains a
complete product, and the only add-ons will be the miniatures. WD will
contain strategy, games etc but no new "special" rules. And we all
believe them. Absolutely, no question about it.

Did anyone else spot that pig as it sailed past the window?

Richard