Re: [Epic] Newbie

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 17:51:24 -0400 (EDT)

David Lado <lado_at_...> writes:

> >> Just what is this bizarre fascination with Thai food? Why mess with all
> >> that fiddly stuff? Just give me a pile of flaming wood, a steak and a
> >> potato wrapped in aluminum foil . . .

        Bleh, a pound of just meat? My stomach couldn't handle it.

> (at least down south). As a matter of fact, it was not that uncommon
> that I would get a completely different menu when I ate at a chinese
> restaurant with my chinese ex.

        Yup. That's not incredibly common though, unless you can get
to a Chinatown or someplace similar. Most Chinese-American
restaurants tend to just have one menu. (Y'know the kind, the ones
with specialties like General Tso's Chicken, Sweet+Sour, Orange Beef,
and other American dishes)

> Having had my fill of buiscuts, gravy, and grits, I could easily eat
> only Mediterranian food (spanish, ital, greek, ect) and asian food
> and be quite happy. Still, I actually like all kinds of food (mexican,
> etheopian, you name it).

        Unfortunately, you have to cook most of this stuff youself.
It's hard to find good restaurants around here that aren't Italian or
Chinese-American.

Mark