Re: [Epic] Newbie

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 20:23:28 -0500

At 04:35 PM 5/13/97 -0400, you wrote:

>>> Just what is this bizarre fascination with Thai food? Why mess with all
>>> that fiddly stuff? Just give me a pile of flaming wood, a steak and a
>>> potato wrapped in aluminum foil . . .

>I like all that fiddly stuff! (Thai just happens to be my favorite).
>Having had my fill of buiscuts, gravy, and grits, I could easily eat
>only Mediterranian food (spanish, ital, greek, ect) and asian food
>and be quite happy.

Speaking for all Southerners, if'n you don't lahk the way we do it, get the
he-ell out.

There's just simply no such thing as too much biscuits, gravy, or grits
(well, maybe grits, but only because so few people can make them properly).
I agree with the Mediterranean food, though. Unfortunately, the only places
you can find real Italian in Tennessee are high end restaurants. The other
option of doing it yourself is hard to manage, since you can't find Roma
tomatoes or Marscapone cheese, or any of a dozen other ingredients.

Temp