Re: [Epic] got my Epic 40K

From: Mike Bowen <mbowen_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 13:55:18 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 14 May 1997 duckrvr_at_... wrote:

> >I once lost about 8 units (rampager) due to a CC, in which two was
> >involved and only two more suported....
> >It felt really strange to remove the oner thet was some 30 cm from the CC
> >and had no enemys in sight....
>
> Something is wrong here. If only two stands were in hth, even if both were
> rapaging units, then the most dice he could roll to inflict casualties was 4
> (2 per model in base to base). I don't have the rules handy, but I thought
> only models in base to base could be killed in hth. Either way, though, 4
> dice is a max of 4 casualties.
>

> Temp

Yes that is the joy of having troops with rampage. and the joy of removing
troop stands when you lose a firefight, a fight the rampage troops were
out of range. example eldar: Avatar, guardians and jetbike in a
detachment. avatar is 16 cm away from firefight that one bike and one
guardian stand is in. eldar lose firefight by one point,with no stands
being destroyed. Thisdetachment is now broken, loses its assault
move, uses the retreat move and the avatar is removed(the bad part about
rampage). ouch.

mike